AOL web troubles.. New AOL speedup seems to be a slowdown

The Gunn webmaster at jessicastover.com
Mon Feb 2 13:40:45 UTC 2004

Brian,

I have some friends in the web proxy group at AOL, if you can send me (or
post to this list) some urls that are breaking, they can take a look for
you.

According to them, if the java problem is happening on AOL 8.0 as well as
9.0, then it's not a TopSpeed issue (TopSpeed is just an executable that
runs in tandem with 9.0), but could be some other client-related problem..

And in response to Rob's suggestion to use SSL instead of implementing
cache-control, it would be a pretty wasteful implementation of SSL if its
purpose is solely to prevent a proxy from recompressing your images.

-- The Gunn
webmaster at jessicastover.com