16-bit ASN kludge

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Dec 4 02:09:48 UTC 2004

I think all the meaningful parties have already pretty much agreed on
32bit ASNs in BGP4.  I think that will be coded in the routers well before
any attribute-based thing for 32bit ASNs is.  As such, I don't see much
point to kludging this instead of just going for it assuming a 32bit world.

Owen

--On Saturday, December 4, 2004 0:30 +0000 "Edward B. Dreger"