What do you want your ISP to block today?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Sep 3 20:06:32 UTC 2003

>> There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary
>> and those that don't.
>
> ISPs should either block the mentioned ports, or send out bills in
> binary.

No.  ISPs should not block ports unless they are listed in the AUP as
non-permitted traffic or it is a necessary and temporary remedial action
for a service-affecting problem.  I understand binary, but that doesn't
mean I want my bills in that format.

I still do not understand why a manufacturer is permitted to release a
product which causes such harm, and, rather than hold that manufacturer
liable, so many people feel that the entire rest of the world should
change to accomodate that one manufacturer's deficiencies.

Owen