more on VeriSign to revive redirect service

Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE-NCC) henk at ripe.net
Thu Oct 16 14:54:15 UTC 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 Michael.Dillon at radianz.com wrote:

> In this day and age, people don't guess URLs anymore by sticking .com at
> the end of a word so there is no longer any advantage to using a .com
> domain name over a .biz or .info or .us.

FWIW, I still do as it is faster than google.  I bet that that there are
more people like me.

Also, some browsers add ".com" if your URL doesn't end in ".something".
Others cycle through a list of possibilities, but there ".com" is always
the first on the list.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                             Email: henk.uijterwaal at ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre            WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258           Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam    Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands      Mobile: +31.6.55861746