more on VeriSign to revive redirect service

Andrew D Kirch trelane at trelane.net
Thu Oct 16 15:16:53 UTC 2003

I would certainly say there's an elitism, or perhaps a higher level of credibility given to a .com or .net site, due to the fact that they've probably existed for quite a bit longer than a .biz or .info.  Although looking at that list I might note that I probably would include .us with .com and .net, despite it's very recent deregulation, or perhaps because of it.
Relating back to this thread, I have to conclude that because of this, and the fact that .net/.com makes up the majority of the registry this needs to be watched very carefully, and preemptive action taken should verisign make an anouncement, to suspend their registrar contract.

--

Andrew D Kirch  |	    trelane at 2mbit.com            |
Security Admin  |  Summit Open Source Development Group  | www.sosdg.org