Transit and Paid Peering Exchanges

Eric Kuhnke eric at fnordsystems.com
Wed Oct 8 13:20:20 UTC 2003

The last time I looked at Band-X (about six months ago) their pricing was ridiculous...  I believe they wanted >$100/Mb, on a 100Mb commit, for Aleron or HE bandwidth.  It should be noted that Band-X blocks potential buyers from learning the actual name of a transit provider, up until the very last moment (signing contract).  They hide their transit sources behind anonymous "Company A, Company D" and so forth.  Getting the actual name of a source from the band-x sales rep was like pulling teeth.

-Eric Kuhnke
eric at fnordsystems.com