cooling systems

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Nov 5 15:29:29 UTC 2003

Faced with the prospect once again of significantly higher energy prices
coming to our region, we want to start to look at better and more efficient
ways to cool our colocation facility.  Right now we have several ton of
traditional air conditioning units sucking up electricity like its
free.  As winter is approaching, surely there must be some computer safe
way to take advantage of all that cold outside to help contain our energy
costs, not to mention be a little more environmentally friendly.  We were
thinking we could circulate the air up to the roof and cool it there inside
some aluminum ducts and then bring it back down.  We dont want to just
bring in cold air as it is quite dirty outside since we are next to a major
highway.  Anyone done anything like this before in a computer room setting ?

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa,                          	          tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,     			  mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada			  www.sentex.net/mike