OT: Increasing Cell Phone Signal inside a NOC?

Andrew Dorsett zerocool at netpath.net
Tue Mar 11 18:05:05 UTC 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 Spencer.Wood at dot.state.oh.us wrote:

> I'm sure a lot of people have the same problem as we are having... Our NOC
> and Server Equipment is located in "No Cell Phone signal" zone of our
> building (It's amazing what metal walls, Server Racks and HVAC Systems
> will do to Cellphone Signals).  I was wondering if anyone out there has
> found a device that will be able to repeat the Cell Phone signal back into
> our NOC & Server Area's???

Well we need a little bit more information.  Who is the cellular provider?
What modes are you trying to operate the cell in?

Just a for instance and to let you know that those systems do exist.  For
an iden system, Southern LINC sells this:
http://www.southernlinc.com/largemultiple.asp

Andrew
---
<zerocool at netpath.net>
http://www.andrewsworld.net/
ICQ: 2895251
Cisco Certified Network Associate

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."