OT: Increasing Cell Phone Signal inside a NOC?

Bradley Dunn bradley at dunn.org
Tue Mar 11 18:17:41 UTC 2003

Spencer.Wood at dot.state.oh.us wrote:

> I'm sure a lot of people have the same problem as we are having... Our
> NOC and Server Equipment is located in "No Cell Phone signal" zone of
> our building (It's amazing what metal walls, Server Racks and HVAC
> Systems will do to Cellphone Signals).  I was wondering if anyone out
> there has found a device that will be able to repeat the Cell Phone
> signal back into our NOC & Server Area's???

You'd probably need a lot of indoor usage to convince your carrier to do
it, but you could ask them to deploy a picocell in your space. For example:
http://www.nokia.com/networks/product_catalog/pc_product_highlights/1,5567,,00.html?prod_id=RAS00010&path=mcat&mcat=44445&scat=48260
Again, you'd need your cell carrier's cooperation for this.

Bradley