Bugbear.b (worm du jour)

Eric Anderson anderson at cs.uoregon.edu
Fri Jun 6 02:09:46 UTC 2003

Maybe I should clarify:  By "very slowly" I meant that this should spread
significantly more slowly than something which is able to exploit a
vulnerability and start executing as soon as it finds a susceptible host.  If
it's been in the wild for 12 hours without compromising most of the vulnerable
hosts, that's slow relative to what's possible.

Thus spake Jack Bates (jbates at brightok.net):

[snip]