Genuity/L3 "Motion Granted"?

chuck goolsbee chucklist at forest.net
Wed Feb 19 18:07:09 UTC 2003

Apologies for being marginally operational (but it looks like a lot
of Genuity customers might be going dark in one week, with one week's
notice ... so it might be considered operational...)

I received a mountain of court documents yesterday from the US
Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York... which, if my
interpretation of the legalese is correct says that Level 3 has asked
the court to reject certain contracts of Genuity's.. including ours,
as of February 25th, 2003.

My calls to various Genuity contacts are finding nothing but polite
receptionists who tell me who "is no longer working for the company"
and direct me to various voicemail boxes of account reps who seem to
be universally out for the week. It looks like I might have until
next Tuesday to buy a new DS3 circuit from somebody else... but it
would be nice to know if that is true before I scramble in that
direction.

"Exhibit A" lists the companies & contracts being "rejected" and I
suspect from the list that perhaps a few others here on nanog have
received the same pile of court documents I did.

My questions are:

1. Is my guess that our Genuity connection will go dark on Feb 25 correct?
2. Can somebody from either Genuity or L3 clue me in (offlist) to the
whys, whens and hows here? If I have a less than a week to scramble
up another cicuit I need all the lead time I can get.

Regards,
--

Chuck Goolsbee                          V.P. Technical Operations
digital.forest                      Phone: +1-877-720-0483, x2001
Bothell, WA 98011                            email: cg at forest.net