AOL rejecting mail from IP's w/o reverse DNS ?

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Thu Dec 4 22:46:00 UTC 2003

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Petri Helenius  writes on 12/4/2003 5:36 PM:
>
>> And why would blocking the /24 be appropriate instead of matching the
>> registry?
>

> I would refer you to the huge number of netblocks out there that stay
> at /16 or larger size, with the upstream not SWIP'ing or otherwise
> delegating netblocks in APNIC (or wherever, such as an rwhois server)
> as they provision IPs.

And I refer you to the blocks which are properly registered down to the
/29 level and
you are saying that if you are a good citizen collateral damage is
recommended
regardless because antispammers are either lazy or technically incompetent
or like their ego boosted by intentional collateral damage?

Pete