Vulnerbilities of Interconnection

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Fri Sep 6 02:07:51 UTC 2002

On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:04:16 -0700 "William B. Norton" <wbn at equinix.com> wrote:
> Terrorists in cement trucks?

> Again, it seems more likely and more technically effective to attack
> internally than physically. Focus again here on the cost/benefit
> analysis
> from both the provider and disrupter perspective and you will see what I
> mean.

reflecting on my experiences in such facilities...

usually all i've ever needed to do at the door is sign in after proving
that i work for a company that has colo space. my boxes of equipment
have never been inspected.

therefore, to attack many colo facilities, it is sufficient to sign
contracts that i never intend to honor and then carry boxes of "stuff"
up that has nothing to do with colo.

richard
Richard Welty                                         rwelty at averillpark.net