Vulnerbilities of Interconnection

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Fri Sep 6 02:50:26 UTC 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Richard Welty wrote:
> usually all i've ever needed to do at the door is sign in after proving
> that i work for a company that has colo space. my boxes of equipment
> have never been inspected.

How many banks know what their customers have put in the safe deposit
boxes stored in the bank's vaults?  Do you want guard rummaging through
your equipment? Even if they opened the boxes how would a guard know
what's inside a 12000 router?

Rent the movie Infinity (1996) or read Richard Feynman's books describing
the security around The Manhattan Project at Los Alamos.