How to secure the Internet in three easy steps

Vivien M. vivienm at dyndns.org
Mon Oct 28 02:35:14 UTC 2002

One cable company I've done business here (Ontario, Canada) has over
500K subscribers, and I don't believe it has the largest number of cable
modems in the country. So you're probably talking around 1.5-2 million
cable modems north of the border. Then you have Europe (I think .nl has
decent cable modem penetration), Asia-Pacific, etc.

> It'll be interesting to see if att exports their filtering
> policies to the newly acquired customers.  They'll want to
> support a uniform configuration across the whole network, I'm sure.

They apparently don't have a uniform configuration now; we have lots of
people using AT&T BI complaining about blocked port 80s and whatnot, and
yet we have some other AT&T BI users in different locations (but I think
both were formerly- at Home AT&T BI areas) who don't have any ports
blocked. Bizarre, I have to say.

Vivien
--
Vivien M.