Even the New York Times withholds the address

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Tue Nov 19 23:57:45 UTC 2002

A steam-generating plant I once toured (another story) used number _six_
fuel oil.  I asked, "Is that the stuff that comes in blocks?"  I thought I
was being funny.  The reply: it's delivered and kept hot in an underground
tank, else it "starts to get kind of glassy".

Might be just the thing.

Also, today's oil tanker under 11,000 feet of the Atlantic ocean may not
leak much after all, according to one source, if it hits cold water.  I
don't know if this ship was carrying number six, but it's plausible.