PAIX

David Diaz techlist at smoton.net
Mon Nov 18 16:27:58 UTC 2002

I agree with everything said Stephen except the part about the
medical industry.  There are a couple of very large companies doing
views over an IP backbone down here.  Radiology is very big on
networking.  They send your films or videos over the network to where
the Radiologist is.  For example one hospital owns about 6 others
down here, and during off hours like weekends etc, the 5 hospitals
transmit their films to where the 1 radiologist on duty is.

There are also several clinic chains where they take the films and
then send them to the radiologists in another location.  Some of
these are really rural areas and apparently the doctors used to have
to drive in on certain days, or fedex, not exactly great if it really
is an emergency.

Dont know the legality, but apparently people are really doing it.
Im not sure any of this needs an exchange pt though.  None of it is
real time yet.