Traceroute from A to B

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Nov 15 23:24:47 UTC 2002

Absent source routing capability, you will need to be on one of the
machines.
It is also important to understand that traceroute displays the route from
a to b while depending on both the route from a to b and the route from each
hop to the source of the traceroute probe packets.  It will only display
the addresses of the interface that received the probe packets.

Owen

--On Friday, November 15, 2002 8:39 -0500 Minseok Kwon