Peerings

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Wed Nov 6 05:28:57 UTC 2002

> > Stalk them via DNS... that's as close as it gets. That URL updates once an
> > hour if people want to use it, but it really needs someone to design a
> > web interface with an updating list of "what's new".
>
> Of course, it'd help if IX operators kept their DNS updated. We're at
> 7 of the listed IX (aads, linx1, linx2, mae-east, mae-west, nyiix, paix-pao),
> but only 4 of them (linx1, linx2, mae-east, nyiix) have a DNS entry for us.
>
> Simon
> --
> Simon Lockhart             |   Tel: +44 (0)1628 407720  (BBC ext 37720)
> Technology Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1628 407701  (BBC ext 37701)
> BBC Internet Services      | Email: Simon.Lockhart at bbc.co.uk
> BBC Technology, Maiden House, Vanwall Road, Maidenhead. SL6 4UB. UK

	Morning Simon.  Its interesting that mae-east & nyiix
	have accurate data, while mae-west does not.

	they all use the same process, which is controlled by the
	customer.  If the data for these sites is non-existant or
	bad, its the customers fault. They are responsible for
	maintaining it.  This is true for any exchange that has
	address space from ep.net.

	if you would like more detail, shoot me private email.

--bill