Interconnects

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Fri May 17 22:24:38 UTC 2002

> > It's not a rumour.  PAIX is interconnecting with NYIIX as soon as the
> > fiber engineering people say that the photons will travel end to end.
>
> Listen, I am not trying to be antagonistic, but: Why does this take so
> long? PAIX-NY is a MFN facility, so, presumably, there is MFN fiber there
> and ready to go. 25 Broadway is a MFN building, and has been for some time
> (as in, many people have MFN fiber there). I can't comprehend how this can
> take so long.

I had the same thought.  However, it turns out to light a path there's all
kinds of climbing down into manholes that has to happen.  I'm no fiber expert,
but the parent company (MFN) does employ such experts, so let's remain calm.
--
Paul Vixie <vixie at eng.paix.net>
President, PAIX.Net Inc. (NASD:MFNXE)