Interconnects

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Fri May 17 19:12:39 UTC 2002

On 17 May 2002, Paul Vixie wrote:

> > There's been rumors of NYIIX and PAIX-NY linking up like SIX and
> > PAIX-seattle.
>
> It's not a rumour.  PAIX is interconnecting with NYIIX as soon as the
> fiber engineering people say that the photons will travel end to end.

Listen, I am not trying to be antagonistic, but: Why does this take so
long? PAIX-NY is a MFN facility, so, presumably, there is MFN fiber there
and ready to go. 25 Broadway is a MFN building, and has been for some time
(as in, many people have MFN fiber there). I can't comprehend how this can
take so long.

> We aren't silly, and since it would be silly to fail to recognize that some
> peers want/need different service levels than others, we recognized it and
> are acting on it.

Can you elaborate on this?

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --