Help with bad announcement from UUnet

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at opaltelecom.co.uk
Sun Mar 31 11:55:42 UTC 2002

But

1. Customers are always telling us its a problem at our end and it never
is

2. If we have any outage its always picked up by our network tools

Perhaps I'm being too black and white tho.. if -you- found a problem on my
network, you'd probably email noc@ and perhaps run a whois at RIPE/RADB
and get a couple more noc contacts.

Now if you email those addresses you will get a response and you will have
someone look at your issue.

The difference is that by knowing these addresses we can assume you're
reasonably technical and quite possibly have a point.

Another difference is that we're not UUNET, and their network can affect a
lot of people and they will get lots of wrong diagnosis to their email and
support line, so this doesnt scale well. Having said that I think I know
enough addresses to still get in contact and thats also true for most
other large NOCs..

Steve

--
Stephen J. Wilcox