PacBell Security/Abuse contact

Walter Prue prue at ISI.EDU
Mon Mar 25 18:01:16 UTC 2002

Jeremy,

We have been a T3 customer of PacBell for 3 years.  We have had a few DOS
attacks over the years which required intervention by our backbone providers
which included PacBell.

In every case their policy was to not help.  They refered us to their abuse
email address or phone number which promised to get back to us in 72 hours.
In each case we involved our salesman who was wonderful!  He intervened for
us and bumped it up to upper management until we got what we needed.

We ended up dropping PacBell in part because of their unwillingness to help
during DOS attacks.

Walt