csu /dsu

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Mar 21 16:32:52 UTC 2002

>> what are the primary functions of a csu / dsu?
> keeping papers on your desk from blowing all over the place when
> someone opens a window

friends inform me that this is a very outmoded view.

today's network engineer does not have an office with a window.
this is due to the perception of engineering's worth by management,
as well as an anti-self-defenestration mechanism for those watching
the value of their half-vested options.

so the current most common source of air movement is the managers
responsible for the value of those options dashing by the cubicles
enroute to very important meetings, and/or the hot air eminating
from those meetings.

randy, dashing off to a meeting