SPEWS?

Dave Israel davei at algx.net
Thu Jun 20 20:00:06 UTC 2002

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but the fact of the matter
is, if SPEWS behavior is abusive towards a network, that network does
have a limited recourse: null-route SPEWS.  Thus, the more providers
they anger, the less network they can reach.  Some users may complain,
but if SPEWS is abusing your customer base, I think it's a valid
response.  It's a powerful threat, and incentive for SPEWs to play
fair.