Five bucks gets you a home network

Joseph T. Klein jtk at titania.net
Thu Jan 31 17:26:15 UTC 2002

The toaster (which is running NetBSD) and the refrigerator are networked
using the IPv6 mantra. So if DSL and Cable companies find that they can
sell IPv6 to kitchen appliences at $5 per houshold, you think this
could lead to deployment?

So my new IPv6 cell phone can get an SMS from my refrigerator if the milk
is going bad.

Now $5 if it also does fire and burgler alarm functions, it is cheaper than
a phone line.

If I get $5 dollars from a million users ... hmmmm.

Don't forget gamers and peer to peer networking.

--
Joseph T. Klein
jtk at titania.net