Round Robin DNS

Christopher A. Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Thu Feb 7 20:03:06 UTC 2002

One solution I've seen implemented is to put one nameserver in each data center,
and that nameserver only responds to queries with IPs that are in that location,
and sets a short TTL. So, if that center loses connectivity, no new DNS queries are
being answered with IPs in the affected location. The only "lag time" is the DNS
TTL.

-C