Round Robin DNS

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Thu Feb 7 05:04:19 UTC 2002

Ken Yeo wrote:

> I would like to get your comments on pros and cons on using round robin DNS
> to load balance web servers that are located in geographical disperse
> locations?

	DNS isn't really designed to handle these kinds of problems, although
DNS plus other technologies can. Akamai is really good at this sort of
thing, you'll probably be better off working with them, since in all
likelihood it'll be cheaper to work with them than to try and roll your
own.

Doug
--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?