Operational Issues with 69.0.0.0/8...

Alec H. Peterson ahp at hilander.com
Fri Dec 6 18:04:50 UTC 2002

<Putting on my hat as ARIN AC Chair>

--On Friday, December 6, 2002 16:57 +0000 Michael.Dillon at radianz.com wrote:

> This is no longer a technical operational issue so it is out of scope for
> this mailing list.
>
> But if you think that ARIN could do something to solve your problem then
> you should raise the issue on the ARIN public policy mailing list. You
> can  find subscription information for that list here
> http://www.arin.net/mailing_lists/index.html

I see this as purely an operational issue.

ARIN explicitly does not guarantee routability of prefixes it assigns.  If
service providers choose to filter ARIN allocations, then that is an
operational decision.  I really don't see what action you expect ARIN to
take along these lines.

Alec

Alec H. Peterson -- ahp at hilander.com
Chief Technology Officer