How does this help?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Aug 23 12:40:10 UTC 2002

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:11:14 EDT, blitz <blitz at macronet.net>  said:

> Wouldn't legitimate users as well find themselves in that honeypot, and
> thus be blocked, achieving what the RIAA wanted in the first place, to
> disrupt GNUtella services?

I believe the original honeypot was to be triggered if they caught somebody
poking around the Gnutella and then dropping suspicious packets on their
network.  "Legitimate users" wouldn't find themselves in that situation
because they'd only contact the Gnutella side of things and wouldn't be
probing the Gnutella host via other means....
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer