Afghanistan

Bill McGonigle mcgonigle at medicalmedia.com
Tue Sep 18 17:15:56 UTC 2001

On Tuesday, September 18, 2001, at 12:43 PM, Basil Kruglov wrote:

> Do they even have Internet?

Yes, they very recently cracked down on usage, restricting access to one
machine in the head of government's office (I forget what the title
was).  Any requests for information from the Internet from other
branches of their government are to go through this one guy, who is
unlikely to approve the request (according to the news report I read).
Source long since forgotten...

One would expect high compliance in a regime that parades hands and feet
of offenders down the street...

-Bill