Afghanistan

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Tue Sep 18 17:19:07 UTC 2001

At 11:43 AM 9/18/2001 -0500, Basil Kruglov wrote:

 >On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 12:23:58PM -0400, Smith, Rick wrote:
 >> Has anyone started to deny all traffic to/from Afghanistan ?
 >>
 >> Wouldn't that be worth it ?
 >>
 >> Or did I miss that post?
 >
 >Do they even have Internet?
 >
 >http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/af.html
 >Internet Service Providers (ISPs): NA

It is my understanding that the free flow of ideas and discussion of same
is detrimental to an extremist or dictatorial government.  Such governments
rarely (ever?) survive open discussions and flow of ideas.

Either that, or their beliefs are so strongly held, so pure, so obvious
that other ideas / beliefs need not even be examined.  Apparently the "boys
and girls" are simply told what to believe, and the reasoning behind or, or
counter arguments to it, are irrelevant.  No discussion or substantiation
is necessary, "people with clue" told them so.

I vote for #1.  What does the rest of NANOG think?

--
TTFN,
patrick