RBL turf wars (was: ABOVE.NET BLOCKING ORBZ!)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sat Nov 17 09:22:31 UTC 2001

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Margie Arbon wrote:

> I am never anything BUT painfully honest. There is nothing disingenuous
> about this at all.  There is *no* relationship between the management
> of MAPS and that of above.net, MFN, PAIX or any other entity.

Well, the question is whether there HAS been a relationship and how that
relationship still affects above.net policies. If any of the named
relationships has affected the implementation of the above.net filtering
policy then they're still valid as a reason for the policy still being in
place.

It's always easier to maintain status quo than it is to change something.

The named persons might not have any formal involvement with above.net
anymore, but I'd be surprised if they still didn't have any influence or
"cast any shadows" within the company.

I know several examples of this in "internet-Sweden" where some very
influential persons in the past might not have a formal involvement
anymore, but you still see their influence everywhere when it comes to how
things are handled.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se