RBL turf wars (was: ABOVE.NET BLOCKING ORBZ!)

Margie Arbon margie at mail-abuse.org
Sat Nov 17 06:36:29 UTC 2001

--On Saturday, November 17, 2001 1:15 AM -0500 Alex Pilosov
<alex at pilosoft.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Margie Arbon wrote:
>
>> Point of clarification:
>>
>> RBL is a registered service mark of MAPS, refering to the Realtime
>> Blackhole List.
>>
>> This has **nothing** to do with us. At All.
>
> Correction: Other than the these two things:
>
> a) Paul Vixie is a cofounder, chairman and CEO of MAPS LLC and at same
> time CTO of MFN (parent of above.net)

Paul has zero involvement at MAPS.  He hasn't had any involvement with
MAPS for quite a while.  AFAIK, he is President of PAIX, not CTO of
MFN.

> b) Dave Rand is a cofounder and executive director of MAPS LLC and at
> same time EVP of MFN.

Dave is the Executive Director of MAPS.  He is no longer at MFN. Hasn't
been for a quite a while.

> Don't get me wrong, I like MAPS and I think ORBS/MAPS flamewars are
> silly. (And certainly hoping I'm not starting one now). But a little
> bit of honesty never hurt anyone, and its a bit disingenious to say
> that there's absolutely nothing in common between Above/MFN and MAPS.

I am never anything BUT painfully honest. There is nothing disingenuous
about this at all.  There is *no* relationship between the management
of MAPS and that of above.net, MFN, PAIX or any other entity.

Please check your facts before you question someone's integrity.

--
We now return you to your regularly scheduled flame war.

Margie