Splitting a block of Class C's

Albert Meyer albert at waller.net
Fri May 25 04:08:19 UTC 2001

At 07:14 PM 5/24/01 -0700, Steve Gibbard wrote:
>Are you big enough to get a portable IP address block from ARIN?  Since
>you say you're dropping your Sprint connection in a few months, you will
>presumably have to renumber then.  If you want to be really nice, you
>could bite the bullet and do it now, turning over the old block to your
>former customer.  Alternatively, it's common practice to tell your
>customer that they have to renumber out of your space when they stop
>buying connectivity from you, and from your perspective that's probably
>the easiest way to handle the situation.

I wish the timing had worked out that way, but they have to be gone by June
1, and I can't give up the Sprint IP's until July or August. The
alternative to the ugly solution is to make them re-IP all of their
domains, and AFAIK there is no easy way to do that. Last time I checked,
NetSol makes you do each one individually.