A moment of silence.

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Sun Jun 3 22:34:20 UTC 2001

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 09:27:15PM +0100, Simon Lockhart wrote:
> I've had a private reply to say that someone's MAE-E FDDI connection is
> still up.
>
> I've also heard of connections going down earlier this week.
>
> Could Worldcom be doing a phased shutdown? (Presumably this would be
> obvious to anyone  who still has a live FDDI connection)

I've received a number of replies, some down, some up.  It does
appear that only some connections are down, for yet unknown reasons.

If someone still active had a lot of free time they could ping all
of the addresses, and see if it looks like one or more of the
gigaswitches was turned off.

Leo Bicknell - bicknell at ufp.org
Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440