A moment of silence.

Simon Lockhart simonl at rd.bbc.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 20:27:15 UTC 2001

>> >It appears that MFS finally went and did it, and the mae-east we
>> >all came to know and love has finally been turned off.  Please bow
>> >your heads for a moment of silence.

I've had a private reply to say that someone's MAE-E FDDI connection is
still up.

I've also heard of connections going down earlier this week.

Could Worldcom be doing a phased shutdown? (Presumably this would be
obvious to anyone  who still has a live FDDI connection)

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516
BBC Internet Services                | Email: Simon.Lockhart at bbc.co.uk
Kingswood Warren,Tadworth,Surrey,UK  |   URL: http://support.bbc.co.uk/