What is the going rate for a dark fiber mile in the NE?

Fletcher E Kittredge fkittred at gwi.net
Thu Jul 26 11:59:33 UTC 2001

I am looking for a rough sense of current price per mile in the
Northeast, USA region for one strand of fiber on an inter-city run of
50 miles or so.  Yes, I know that prices tend to be all over the map,
because I have received quotations all over map.  However, I would be
interested in other's recent experiences.  The price I am particularly
interested in is the one time, up-front, IRU price (Irrevocable Right
to Use.)

Please respond to me privately.  If anyone is interested, I will
summarize the replies.

regards,
fletcher