OT: is it possible for an individual (not a business) to get a valid SSL certificate

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Thu Jul 26 14:32:01 UTC 2001

i want to get a useful SSL certificate for my personal webserver.
(and have customers who would like to do so as well).

i've talked to cibc.com/verisign, the canadian verisign affiliate, and they
tell me they can only do certificates for registered businesses.

i'm currently on hold with verisign USA waiting to talk to someone there,
but figured i'd punt the question here.

--
[ Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ Now with more and longer words for your reading enjoyment. ]