GRC rides again...

Tim Wilde twilde at dyndns.org
Mon Jul 2 15:56:46 UTC 2001

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, David Howe wrote:

> ... With yet another "update" to the DDos pages.
> http://grc.com/dos/intro.htm
> and I quote:

Yet more proof that Gibson wants nothing more than media attention.  After
the attacks that he first experienced, as I mentioned before here, we
offered our assistance and cooperation in the termination of Dynamic DNS
accounts for people who run these trojans and connect them to their IRC
servers.  To quote myself from my e-mail to Steve:

>I'd be more than happy to terminate this account, and open a continuing
>dialog with you if you'd be interested in passing along information of
>other accounts under our service being used for these purposes.  It may be
>a losing fight, but at least we can try.

His response to me began:

"I hate to give you a canned reply Tim, but I really have no choice.
Here's what I'm sending back to most people ..."

And was followed with a canned response, which included:

"Therefore, I am working hard to put this whole whacky adventure behind me
and to get on with the work I already had planned.  A large part of me
would dearly love to be distracted, but I just can't let the happen."

How does that add up with the fact that he continues updating his page?
He continues lambasting ISPs which won't cooperate with him, but pays no
heed to us, a service provider offering our help and partnership in the
battle against these abusers.  I just can't get my mind around this in any
way but "Gibson is an attention-starved whacko who doesn't understand the
first thing about what he's trying to talk about."  I keep waiting for it
to add up, and it fails to do so.  Gibson just wants to flame everyone in
sight, ignore the facts, because he knows it'll get him the attention he
wants.

Tim Wilde

--
Tim Wilde