Great job AT&T (re: Microsoft problems)

Dave McKay dave at sneakerz.org
Wed Jan 24 22:32:36 UTC 2001

I'll just point out a few lines I wrote.  I have tried to be polite about
all of this.

Chris Cappuccio (chris at dqc.org) wrote:
> Oh, come on....
>
> If you query direct to Microsoft's DNS servers, they return MX records
> happily, but they time out rather then return an A record.
>
> This seems more obviously like a software problem, rather then DDoS, or
> ICANN, who apparently controls Microsoft's DNS servers (laugh out loud)
>
> "We don't manage the DNS ourselves, it is a system controlled by the Internet
> Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) with worldwide replicas."

Microsoft's ITG is investigating this issue.  I haven't been clued in as
of yet as to what is the main issue.
I apolozise for not being able to disclose more information.

--
Dave McKay
dave at sneakerz.org
Microsoft Global Network Architect