Great job AT&T (re: Microsoft problems)

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at NorthShoreTechnologies.net
Thu Jan 25 00:23:31 UTC 2001

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Dave McKay wrote:

> I'll just point out a few lines I wrote.  I have tried to be polite about
> all of this.
> Microsoft's ITG is investigating this issue.  I haven't been clued in as
> of yet as to what is the main issue.
> I apolozise for not being able to disclose more information.

Ok, I wasn't going to say this, but Microsoft has been absolutely
ridiculous about blaming other people, so I'm going to say it; it's not
directed personally at you, it's directed at the morons who wrote your DNS
software, and the even bigger morons who insist that
It's-Not-A-Microsoft-Problem-Because-Microsoft-Is-Perfect:

topaz.nstc.com used to run Microsoft DNS. After a while, having tried
repeatedly to get MSDNS to actually *serve* the zone files I had set up,
and having not been successful, I switched to Bind 8 and have had no
problems since.

You might want to try Bind 8.

--
Steve Sobol, BOFH, President    888.480.4NET 866.DSL.EXPRESS 216.619.2NET
North Shore Technologies Corporation   http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net