net.terrorism

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Tue Jan 9 14:49:41 UTC 2001

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> I'd rather get partial announcements than traffic-filtered announcements.
> That way, my other network pipes (which hopefully have a path without
> above.net in it to vuurwerk) will take over. above.net are happy.
> vuurwerk is happy. life is good. no bitching or extra configuration.

Isn't this just the kind of thing BGP communities can be used for?

Perhaps rfc 1998 is applicable here, depending on Sabri's architecture,
although one would probably have to go beyond the NOC frontline to have
6461 tag the blackhole announcements.

Without having an above feed to hand, I couldn't say if they already do.

joshua