Beer and Gear surprise

Adam Rothschild asr at latency.net
Wed Feb 21 06:13:50 UTC 2001

[ Warning: this message is void of any operational content. ]

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 11:36:55PM -0600, Ukyo Kuonji wrote:
> Did I miss some discussion about the Beer and Gear surprise?  I,
> personally, feel somewhat cheated that there was no "gear" available
> from the vendors in attendance.

<rumor>

Sponsors were specifically asked _not_ to give out clothing, as the
Cisco boxer shorts distributed at NANOG 20 were somehow deemed
offensive and discriminatory.

</rumor>

Don't get me wrong, Beer and Gear was definitely time well spent, I
just found the "gear" aspect (assuming that's in reference to
freebies, not hardware demonstrated by vendors) a bit lacking. ;)

Long live free vendorware.

-adam