MPLS VPNs or not?

Vijay Gill vijay at umbc.edu
Tue Aug 7 15:25:40 UTC 2001

--On Tuesday, August 07, 2001 08:11 -0700 Robert Raszuk <raszuk at cisco.com>
wrote:

> Besides for those individuals who have problems with  maintaining a
> sinlge RIB with IGP routes I would higly advise a caution in deploying
> an mpls-vpn service or even touching the routers :).

It isn't quite the individuals who are having problems maintaining a single
RIB with IGP routes, it looks like the software is having trouble keeping
its sanity. Seeing that it took ~ 12 months to track down some iBGP
withdrawl bugs and a single fence post error in an AS path sanity check
took down a significant portion of the internet, I suggest perhaps one must
first put ones own house in order before going out and throwing stones at
others.

thanks

/vijay