MAPS Changes (was RE: trapdoor.merit.edu and other ... etc)

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Fri Aug 3 01:00:49 UTC 2001

At 7:55 PM -0500 8/2/01, Larry Sheldon wrote:
>But in the meantime, I am going to allege that the default .cf
>that HP sends with H-PUX 10.20 and 11.0 has it in it.

Blame your vendor, not the software author, then.

>I'll give you that it may be commented outm=, but the HP folk (I think)
>tell you to uncomment it.

Again, the OP implied some sinister conspiracy to incorporate the
dnsbl code into sendmail defaults where none exists. If you are
blindly doing what $VENDOR tells you to do without actually knowing
the results and consequences of those actions, I'd like to become
your vendor. :)

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |