OT: web-based scheduling/calendaring software

RJ Atkinson rja at inet.org
Mon Apr 30 19:01:44 UTC 2001

At 13:09 30/04/01, Bill Clary wrote:

>A quick question, does anyone know of a good web based scheduling software package.
>I work in a lab environment and we have a lot of test equipment and class 5 switching facilities that  need to scheduled, and was hoping to make it available in web format so our customers can look at availability in somewhat real time.

        Sun has a package that does this.  The calendaring/scheduling
server must be a Sun with Solaris, but there is a standard web
http/Java interface that can work with any browser on any platform.
I can't say if it fits your precise need, but it is worth
investigating.  (Flame avoidance: Kindly note that this is
different from the "Calendar Manager" package included with Solaris.)

        Disclaimer: I don't own SUNW stock and am not an employee
of Sun, so I have no vested interest to grind here...

Ran
rja at inet.org