** ANNOUNCE -- New RADB Fee Structure **

David Kessens david at qwest.com
Wed Oct 27 23:12:05 UTC 1999

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 08:57:07AM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> > Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 08:23:24 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Chris Cappuccio <chris at dqc.org>
> > Sender: owner-nanog at merit.edu
> >
> > Merit will mirror your registry if you setup one of the radb-type
> > daemons.  They will do this at no charge.  Offer free services to your
> > downstream.  Or, maybe Qwest will start doing this, ask one of the tech
> > people!
>
> Sounds like something to ask Qwest about.

I will get a proposal to our management to address this issue as soon
as possible.

> I have an idea that Qwest
> has someone who is familiar with the care and feeding of routing
> registries and they already support the only IPv6 registry that I know
> of.

That is correct. In fact, one of the RPSL compatible databases was
written by me.

On an additonal note: ARIN recently setup an RPSL compatible IRR
registry which might look like a very attractive alternative for those
people that are currently using the RADB ...

David K.
---