RADB Fees

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Mon Nov 1 16:52:17 UTC 1999

I think that we are on the same page here. I too am worried about the future
of the Internet. I get real nervous about volunteers (not to talk bad about
them, but to cheer them) not being paid for critical services. This means
that they can stop volunteering at any time and no one can hold them to SLA
standards. IMHO, this is a scarey thing. The Internet is sufficiently
profitable that these services should now be paid for. It is also a point
that I made in /ICANN/DNSO/WG-C
(see. <http://www.dnso.net/library/dnso-tld.mhsc-position.shtml>).

We are now sufficiently far from NANOG topic that I'll crawl back into my
hole now... before the nukes arrive.<grin>

R O E L A N D  M. J. M E Y E R
CEO, Morgan Hill Software Company, Inc
President, MHSC-Systems
Chief Administrator, MHSC.NET