Cisco GSR, Gig Ethernet config?

I Am Not An Isp patrick at ianai.net
Fri Feb 12 17:37:07 UTC 1999

At 06:07 PM 2/11/99 -0800, john heasley wrote:

>> Could we expect to
>> support a second gig ethernet interface?  So many questions!
>
>not at full bw; i believe this exceeds backplane bw.

Perhaps you are thinking of the 75xx?  I believe the GSR has a 40 Gbps
backplane with something like 5 Gbps per slot.  More than enough to support
a gig-E card at full line rate in each of the slots on the 12008.  Of
course, whether the CPU, etc. can actually push that much - well, I dunno.
Anyone tried it?

>> John Haskins

TTFN,
patrick

I Am Not An Isp
www.ianai.net
ISPF, The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>
"Think of it as evolution in action." - Niven & Pournelle